Monday, July 9, 2007

gotta have faith

It's a given right? No one likes the stress of being without a job! First, for myriad reasons, you don't have the one you depended on. Second, you have to hunt down opportunities...then set up interviews + pray for the callback or offer.

a leap of faith

I stayed at my last job for nearly four years + the one before that for seven, so I'm definitely not a social butterfly when it comes to employment. However, I made a major career move on April 1 to work with wonderful people + better provide for my family. We'd just started to feel safe + believe in a secure future when my position was unexpectedly, traumatically cut due to budget constraints...so for the second time in four months I had to comb through the classifieds.

keep the faith

We are very blessed to have 'ohana to lean on, but I really hate to depend on anyone. So I prayed...+ I hustled! I got my name out there + reconnected with the very people I'd declined employment with back in March. It's really tough to stay positive when you're stressed about where your next paycheck will come from, but you have to make a conscious effort to keep the faith. Ke Akua has a better plan in mind than anything we could think up for ourselves!

faith-full

I started my new job today; it's also a brand new career. The people are wonderfully warm + 'ohana-oriented. Like my last one, this position will open up exciting new horizons for me to explore. I may have gotten here in a roundabout way full of potholes + speed bumps...but ke Akua has pulled us through once again + we are full of faith in His goodness and guidance. Mahalo ke Akua!